Since the formation of Golden West over 50 years ago, our mission has been to offer an alternative to the high cost housing in Boulder by providing quality, affordable housing for seniors. But, in order to maintain housing and the other services that our seniors depend on, we created a separate nonprofit organization that enhances the lives of our residents and supports their ability to keep their home if they’ve fallen on hard times.
This nonprofit organization is the Golden West Foundation. The Foundation provides numerous services such as rent subsidies, equipment for residents with impaired vision and hearing, funding for wellness and exercise programs, and furnishing common areas throughout Golden West. Our Foundation is not only an avenue to donate to the continued care of our residents so they age well, but also serves as a platform for those outside of our community to make charitable gift annuities which provide fixed and dependable payments for life to the donor while simultaneously supporting our residents in need.
What are charitable gift annuities?
Charitable gift annuities are a way to donate to a good cause while receiving a dependable income stream for the rest of your life.
- You can make your donation with cash or assets and receive fixed payments for life.
- The rate of payment doesn’t change with the stock market, inflation, or other financial indicators, but is set at a fixed rate at the time of your charitable gift.
- After your lifetime, whatever remains from your charitable gift is used to fulfill our Foundation’s mission.
- A portion of your income stream can be tax-free as you’ll receive an immediate partial tax deduction.
- In certain cases, you may even be eligible for a reduced or eliminated capital gains tax.
And these are just a few examples; the list of personal and charitable benefits is very, very long.
Learn how to give to our Foundation
On Wednesday, October 17th at 2:00 p.m., we are hosting a charitable gift annuity workshop. Golden West CEO John McCarthy, attorney Richard Romeo, and ANB Bank’s Vice President Tonya Kaye, will discuss how a charitable gift annuity works, including the finer details such as the administration process and the role of a bank in the process. A charitable gift annuity is a great way to make a meaningful gift to the Golden West Foundation while also providing for your own future financial well-being.
Please RSVP by October 12th to Valerie Stuart at (303) 939 0881.